Sunday, December 18, 2005

Covenant child


Huntleigh's baptism was one of the most amazing life experiences for me. Both Josh's dad and my dad were involved in the sacrament, and I was more aware than ever of the covenantal blessings that have been poured out upon our little nuclear family and both of our immediate families. There is nothing like watching your own father hold your daughter in his arms and sprinkle that baptismal water on her tiny little head. And to hear your father-in-law pray a most sincere prayer of covenantal love and blessing for your child, his granddaughter. And when it was done, both grandpas leaned in and kissed sweet Huntleigh on either cheek...it was so picturesque and perfect. Now we wait for the Lord to fulfill his promises to us and our child. I admit I eagerly wait for the day when Huntleigh says, "Mommy, I, too, trust Jesus!"

No comments: