Sunday, August 19, 2007

turning 30 isn't so bad

I'm not sure if I had expectations about what it would feel like to turn 30, but it's not so eventful...just like any other birthday. I didn't think I'd be sharing my body with another human being on my 30th birthday, but I'm not so sure that's relevant, either. It didn't really make that big of a difference. I guess I just feel a certain confidence about myself and my life and who I am that's quite different from what I felt in my 20s. It's refreshing.

For lunch, Josh and I went to this awesome Indian restaurant with our good friends, the Walkers. If you like Indian food, we highly recommend it. It was incredible food. We were able to enjoy an amazing lunch while our daughters ran around the table tickling and hugging one another. They put us in the corner of a very large room with very few people in it, so we allowed our children to do the out-of-the-ordinary. But then, everything about this restaurant was somewhat unusual. It's called India Palace, and it's on the 11th floor of this Best Western by the airport. If you want to know how to get there, call them: 731.3333. Here's Lucy tackling Huntleigh...or vice versa?



In the evening, I had a bunch of friends and family over to continue the celebration. Thanks so much to everyone who made my birthday really special. I am thankful for your friendship. And mom, thanks for my awesome rainbow chip cake. Yum. Huntleigh, thanks for being such a privelege. Josh, I'm glad we've reached 30 together. I look forward to this new decade with you.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Happy 30th Sarah!! May God richly bless you and your sweet family! Let us celebrate together! Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Sarah- It's Brooke! I cannot believe how big my little flower girl has gotten!!! I have to come by and see that little cutie. She's absolutely precious!