Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is becoming one of those holidays that is somewhere on the calendar in between Halloween and Christmas. It's obvious that it's not a big money-making holiday for companies, because you can go into any store after Halloween and feel like you've stepped into the middle of December. I think this is quite unfortunate because it is such a wonderful day to have the opportunity to be corporately thankful for the country in which we live (and to recall the historical reasons why we actually celebrate this day) and individually thankful for the many blessings that were showered upon us over the course of the year. I don't want Thanksgiving to become a blur at the end of November. It's more than just "Turkey Day," isn't it?! We did have a wonderful day, however, first at Raccoon Ranch with a humongous group of people and then a nice quiet event at our house with my parents and Scott (Sock, as Huntleigh likes to call him) and Abby.

These were our awesome table arrangements at Raccoon Ranch.


This is my sweet child in the middle of watching the Macy's Day Parade. She fell in love with the Scooby Doo balloon. "I yuv Scooby Doo!" is what we heard for the rest of the day.


Here I am looking more and more pregnant. My torso is just full of baby, so I have to swell up in other places: like my face, my hands and my feet, and my ankles, and my legs, and my neck...and anywhere else that my body can hold water. I'm beginning to have significantly less definable shape anywhere on my body. Six more weeks, baby.


This is Josh's cousin Brooke, who is getting married in three weeks and Huntleigh is going to be her little flower girl! I can't believe that she was asked to be a flower girl for two weddings this fall! The wedding is at Raccoon Ranch and she'll be walking from the kitchen to the fire place...we'll see how it goes.

No comments: