Friday, March 21, 2008

I was the dummy...

...who took my children to the Zoo yesterday. I have never been to the Zoo when it was that busy. Why would I even think about all the schools that are on Spring Break right now?! But I promised my child that we could go, since I forced her to sit through a photo shoot for Lucy's birth announcement (which was nearly impossible...trying to be the photographer and the mother: "Huntleigh, kiss Lucy. Okay, not like that...Okay, now do it again! No, again! Okay, don't squish her. [Insert little scream from Lucy.] Oh Lucy....Mommy is so sorry. Huntleigh, sit still. Sit still. Please cooperate for mommy. [Here began the bribing] If you sit still, then you can have a lollipop in the car and we can go to the Zoo." and so on and so forth. It was quite the exhausting process. For these kinds of things I would highly recommend hiring a photographer, but my favorite one does not live in StL, so I had to make do.) Anyways, the Zoo was crazy yesterday, and the train wasn't running, and there was a ton of construction happening at the Living World entrance. But we did see a fair amount of animals and had fun while it lasted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like such a cool girl!!

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Sarah,
I know the feeling of trying to take photo's of multiple little children, it is impossible, I have to call upon the Holy Spirt many times just to get a pic. I know it is lame but I had to resort to studio pic.s for certain photos. You are a great photographer!