Saturday, June 28, 2008

drinking wine for a good cause

Our friends the Reeves are house parents at a home for homeless boys in our community. It's called Joe's Place, and you can learn a lot about what their life looks like during the school year by reading her blog from time to time. They so amazingly and so selflessly love these boys and I can really think of no one better to be in this role than them.

Well, on Saturday night we attended an auction to benefit Joe's Place at Saint Louis Cellars in Maplewood. My sister-in-law Hannah is the Director of Joe's Place and Josh serves on the Board of Directors, and our church, Crossroads, has a great investment in it because of the Reeves, and we were happy to support it by being a part of the auction. I was just so bummed that the Reeves weren't there, but I took these pictures for you guys, Alyssa. I think I was the only person there with a camera...everyone thought I was some official photog for the evening. I was just having a good time. Saint Louis Cellars is a very photogenic place. And, let's be honest, people love to have their picture taken when the wine is flowing. It was flowing, indeed. I'm pretty sure the goal was to continue getting the bids to increase. I think over $20,000 was raised. Yea for Joe's Place.







The chichi Woitas




Thought this was appropriate.


a Cheers to Joe's Place


our pastor, Andrew, was the MC for the evening


that little canister next to the flower held the earnings of one little girl's lemonade stand which she donated to Joe's Place.  So cute!  


the Cellars


This was the auction item Josh had his eye on all evening.  I think he won it.  I'm always too distracted at auctions to be interested in the bidding.  I just love the socializing and the flowing wine.  


here's the man protecting his bid.  


Good work, Hannah.  You did a great job and we're proud of you.  And thanks to everyone who attended.  It was a super fun night!  



3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I have tears in my eyes right now, Sarah. Thank you so much. We've been thinking about it all weekend and were so bummed we weren't there. Thank you so much for posting these pictures. They are beautiful.

Lori said...

The story of the girl who gave her earnings from the lemonade stand is so precious! Great pics!

Audrey Woita said...

loved seeing the pix from saturday night - great shot of you, sister! you made huge points with the glenners...