Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the gardens

Last week was one of those weeks when my heart was hurting and raw and all I wanted to do was get to the Botanical Gardens. Every time my heart feels sore, I want to be in the gardens. I thought about this a lot as I was driving there with the babes. There is something so restorative and healing about being in a garden and I think it has much to do with the fact that we were created in one. I think there is an ultimate longing to return to one. We weren't made for concrete jungles and endless nights due to technology and everything else that distracts us from the simple life. No. We were made to till the earth.

It was so good to be there. Get thee to a garden. It is good for the soul.









2 comments:

Lori said...

Fun pictures Sarah! I particularly like the last 2!
So sorry last week was a raw week for your heart! I am sending a Huge hug your way my friend!
Love ya!
Lori

we are the spencers said...

totally dig the broken mirror pic. great shot.