Monday, December 15, 2008

Oxford.

I mean, it's been so long. Well, hold your horses as you wait for pictures of my sweet children. I'm in a totally obsessive organizational vortex. (This is Josh....PLEASE RESCUE ME AS THE VORTEX HAS SUCKED ME IN!!!!) I have been to the Container Store four times in the past seven days and have delivered about 20 large bags to Goodwill. And if you know anything about me, then you know I have to post my pictures in chronological order, so here I am.

I went to Oxford in the spring of 1997. It was one of the most shaping experiences of my life, other than marrying Josh, living in Hong Kong, and becoming a mother. Josh made certain that while we were in London, we take a day trip to Oxford so he could see where I lived (the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies on Shoe Lane), where I went to school (Keble College) and all of my favorite little places throughout the city.



Here am I at Keble College, almost 12 years later.


The dining hall where I ate many a dinner.


The Keble crest.


Broad Street, Oxford, England

3 comments:

Kim D. said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog, and interestingly I also studied at CMRS/Keble College in Oxford! I was there the spring of 2000, three years after you. It was a life shaping experience for me as well. These pictures brought back great memories (ah, the dining hall with the bread pudding). Thanks for posting!
~Kim

lisa said...

sarah i have blog envy. these pictures are so amazing. i love the doors. and seeing where you lived. come out of the vortex and be with me! i miss you my love!

Audrey Woita said...

loved reading your history at oxford. what a great experience for you. cannot imagine dining in your dining hall...12 years ago!