Friday, January 02, 2009

the maynors

My friend Melanie asked me to take photos of their vow renewals right at the turn of the year and here are a handful of my favorites. It was such a fun event to observe from behind the lens of my camera, as well as emotional. They had a great balance of reverence and light-heartedness. I found it to be a very refreshing thing to do, renew vows. I'm already planning how Josh and I can do it for an upcoming anniversary.

the awesome cake


the bride


the flower girl and first daughter


the flowers


the processional


grayson, their son, who grabbed his guitar during the ceremony


worshipful and radiant (and sleepy)


the first dance to "Groove is in the Heart", complete with routine and everything


the timeline of their lives together


sparklers for celebrating

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I realize I am commenting on my own life, however, these are AWESOME! I love the sparkler one! All of them. You made that cake look way better. I can't wait to look at them all. Thanks so much.

Genna said...

I'll second that. THese are AMAZING pictures! Thank you for documenting an event we wished we could be at, but couldn't. We can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

The photos capture precious moments for those of us who were unable to be eyewitnesses. Thank you! Melanie's Aunt Barbara

Melanie said...

The pics are really great! We were so sad to not be able to be there, and it is fun to see what it was like through the lens of your camera! You do great work. I esp. love the one of grayson and the sparkler. He's serious about that...