Saturday, June 06, 2009

with the horse whisperer

My sister-in-law Hannah works at the stables of the Saint Louis Mounted Patrol and we took a little trip over to see her on Friday morning. Since Huntleigh overcame her fear of ponies, we thought it would be a great idea to warm her up to a little bit bigger version of a pony. Hunts did great after she warmed up.

IMG_4594

IMG_4599

Here she is actually laughing about feeding some grass to the horse. So cute.
IMG_4614

IMG_4615

Lucy, sporting the Nicole Richie look.
lucy



Zach joined us to bring in some reinforcements. (Huntleigh requested that he come, so we gave him a call while we were on our way over.)


IMG_4657

Hannah and Lucy sharing a sweet moment. I'm so glad we went to see Hannah in her element. I mean, I'll be honest....even though I do have a dog, animals are not really my thing and horses are about as far down on the list as I can think. They totally freak me out. But I don't want my kids to see that because I want them to make their own choices about those kinds of things. When Huntleigh wasn't looking, I fed one of the horses a carrot and it scared me for a good five minutes. But I "faced my fears" too, and Hunts had a blast. I know no one more talented than Hannah when it comes to being around horses. Thanks for the tour, Hannah!
hannah & lulu

1 comment:

Lori said...

Lucy looks so cute with those glasses on!