Friday, January 01, 2010

American Girl Place

December began with an overnight trip to Chicago with our friends to do one of those really girly things you do when you have daughters....The American Girl Place. It was quite the trip. It took us 6 1/2 hours with (what seemed like) a hundred stops to drive up there and we had two wired kiddos on our hands, but it didn't keep us from grabbing a couple cocktails before bedtime as our children jumped around the bar. As a momma, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! We awoke bright and early with two energetic ones all ready to go to the store, which didn't open until 10. Huntleigh brought Kit with her, the doll Josh and I had gotten her back in October, and she was allowed to get one special treasure while we were at the store. In spite of how overwhelming I think the store is, Huntleigh was very focused and she got a horse for Kit. After about an hour of walking around, we made our way up to the restaurant for brunch. As our hostess walked us to our table, she had little seats for the girls' dolls to sit next to them. It was just too cute.

Huntleigh in front of the Kit display.
American Girl Place

At brunch, the servers bring out little tea cups and saucers for the dolls. The girls could not get enough of that.
feeding Kit

Mallory and her doll, Felicity.
Mallory & Felicity

I love this picture for several reasons: If you notice, Kit is really the only one in focus. I see great humor that. Also, you can see how tired Huntleigh is. She was fairly good for how exhausted she was, but when it was time to go, it was time. We had given our girls enough stimulation to last a week. As I looked around the restaurant, I realized that this would only be the first time I would come here. I have a few years of this ahead of me before my daughters grow out of their dolls. It was sweet mother-daughter time and sweet friend time, too. It's good for me to tap into my "girly" side. I enjoy these things from time to time. I've just got to shoot my gun, too.
girls trip

No comments: