Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday

bad day


Sometimes you just have those days. Those ones where your husband flies to Ohio for the day and he kind of wakes you up at 4 a.m. as he's leaving the house and then just as you're about to fall back to sleep, your 4-year old walks in your bedroom and wakes you up again. And even though you try your darnedest to fall back asleep, you're awake for the day, starting at 5:30. You get your eyebrows waxed for the first time in like three years and you get hives from it. It's not embarrassing to walk around with bright red eyebrows all day. It's cool. You continue to walk around in a stupor all day because you have this head cold that just keeps getting worse and refuses to shake and your hives aren't getting any better. And your day is o.k. but it's all kind of a daze because of your cloudy head and you kind of just can't wait until nap time and then nap time comes and goes and you still have to get through dinner--which was actually kind of fun and low key--but then after your kiddos are in bed you're really tired, but you're waiting for that boy to get back from Ohio. So you try to do some paperwork, which really turns into blog-surfing, which turns into self-loathing because there are thousands of creative people out there and I wish I could be one of them with some cool business creating this-or-that. So you pour yourself a glass of your favorite wine and then you see your boy at the front door. And then he tells you that you look pretty and he loves you, even though you're still sporting those hives and your head is still cloudy, and everything's as it should be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great post! I love you!
Josh

brooke b said...

Love real life. Love this post.

Reminded me of this 'bad morning' that I just read about too (which left my mouth on the floor/has left me giggling for hours).
http://dooce.com/2010/02/08/order-leave-comment-you-must-take-sides

Hannah Bo Nanna said...

I think this is the best blog entry so far!! Made me laugh and made me smile...and made me miss you all (hives or not) - love you!!

Keresa said...

Your one of the creative people that I would like to be like : )

Allyn said...

What a beautiful "Valentine" you have shared with us in this post..... wishing you two a great weekend - miss you.